HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL GENERALIST
The Human Resources/ Payroll Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties for the following areas: talent acquisition, payroll, performance management, onboarding and offboarding. Responsible for partnering with hiring leaders for workforce acquisition and efforts to retain operational staff. Responsible for processing assigned payroll(s) according to required schedules. Provide administrative support and team support.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Process weekly payroll utilizing ADP; payroll transactions including earnings, deductions, one–time payroll items, adjustments, and related tax correspondence if needed, bonuses or commissions.
- Point of contact for the time and attendance systems and maintain employee vacation and sick balances.
- Set up and train new supervisors with access to the time and attendance system to track and approve employee hours.
- Organize and maintain a confidential filing system to ensure accurate payroll record retention.
- Respond to Federal and State payroll notices & assist in the preparation of audit request.
- Responsible for delivering timely Recruiting Services (needs assessment, job posting, advertising, sourcing candidates, applicant screening, interviewing, candidate processing, reporting/metrics) that assures a high–quality candidate and probability of success.
- Supports and guides managers on effective talent acquisition and retention.
- Maintains company job descriptions.
- Processes Employee Onboarding and Offboarding.
- Creates announcements for new hires, promotions and company organizational changes.
- Enter new employees in the ADP system and maintain current employee records.
- Track and manage the administration for employee leave of absences.
- Supports HR Director in compensation and performance programs and processes.
- Tracks employee’s annual performance evaluations and policies acknowledgements.
- Supports HR processes and actively participates in efforts to streamline and improve HR activities and processes through technology.
- Helps ensure sound HR business practices and compliance with Federal and State laws.
- Support Department and Company events and other duties as required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proficient in Business Systems i.e., ADP and MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of multi–state payroll laws and demonstrate math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and positively with a wide variety of groups, cultures and individuals, including conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of State and Federal legislation impacting employment practices including Wage & Hour, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and execute HR department initiatives.
- Five years Human Resource experience preferred in a manufacturing /pipeline / construction /energy services industry environment.
- Prior experience with HRI systems (ADP Enterprise preferred) and Talent Acquisition and Performance tracking.
- Professional certification in Human Resources preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent related experience.
Five years of HR or business–related experience including two years of payroll experience (preferably using ADP) and a time and attendance system preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure during periods of high stress with a highly developed sense of urgency.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Ability to sit most of the day and handle multiple things at once.
- Visual acuity to process work tasks.
- Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or up to 5 pounds constantly to move objects.