MECHANICAL CAD DRAFTER
The Mechanical CAD Drafter (MCD) is responsible for CAD modeling/detailed drawings for new and existing CECO compressor products and technologies. Equally important, the MCD is responsible for CAD modeling/detailed drawings for day–to–day workload to support customer orders of CECO’s existing line of products.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Create 3D CAD models for component(s) and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor for new product development and customer orders.
- Generate engineering drawings and BOM’s for mechanical components and assemblies using Autodesk Inventor.
- Generate high quality, static 3D model renderings to support sales and marketing using Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Proficient in practice of ASME standards for drawings including: ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.35 and ASME Y14.100.
- Work with team of engineers to improve designs based on results of computational fluid dynamic (CFD) simulations in an iterative approach to optimize design performance using CFD.
- Work with team of engineers to improve designs based on results of finite element analysis (FEA) to ensure mechanical integrity and optimize mechanical design.
- Quantify CECO compressor valve efficiency and effective flow area using CECO’s in–house flow bench.
- Source and manufacture pre–production prototypes, conduct performance & reliability tests in–house or at 3rd parties to confirm real–world performance vs simulations.
- Create & provide written documentation for products including: bill of materials, work / assembly instructions, installation / maintenance manuals, replacement parts list, and product data sheets.
- Proficient with Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault, and AutoCAD. Knowledge of Inventor CAM and Fusion 360 are preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a broad team of engineers including managers of various engineering disciplines.
- Creativity for new ideas without the fear of failure.
- Ability and experience in building skills and supporting the creativity of others.
- Motivation and initiative to implement process improvements.
Associate Degree in Computer Aided Drafting & Design from an ABET–accredited program or equivalent related experience
Two years experience on professional CAD and drafting with design focus on reciprocating compressors preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to maintain composure during periods of high stress with a highly developed sense of urgency.
- Regular onsite attendance is required.
- Ability to multitask project related activities in the office.
- Visual acuity to process work tasks.
- Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or up to 5 pounds constantly to move objects.